Synopsis: Program 65 “Is Capitalism Evil?” January 27, 2013
Jesus said we display the condition of our hearts by how we use money. Therefore, economic systems matter and the Bible has something to say about them. Program #65 begins by explaining the significance of economic systems and the battle between Socialism and Free Market Capitalism. Socialism claims to be more fair and charitable, but there is one drawback: the loss of freedom. While democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in control. Some Christians (on the theologically liberal side) believe the Bible has nothing to say about economic systems except to be charitable, and hence we ought to favor Socialism. Free Market capitalism is supported by three arguments: (1) The Historic, (2) The Pragmatic, and (3) The Biblical. If there is any doubt, about the virtues of free market capitalism, one major text in the Bible clinches the argument for the Christian supporting the system of economic freedom. Tune in to find out.
Scriptures referenced: Matthew 6:21; Luke 16:10-11; Deuteronomy 14:28; Proverbs 13:23; Matthew 20:15; Revelation 13:15-18
Similar Programs on the Topic of Socialism
- YouTube #97 The Greed & Envy of Socialism
- YouTube #44 Socialism Part 1
- #251 The Gulag Archipelago - Pt. 2
- #367 Socialism Pt. 4 - W. Chambers
- #357 Tychicus and Egalitarianism
- #250 The Gulag Archipelago is Coming
- YouTube #45 Socialism Part 2
- YouTube #108 - Why do they love Bernie?
- #4 - Statism
- #227 Sanders & Socialism Pt. 2